Walk-through Method Statement for Plastering a domestic dwelling.
This free Method Statement template for Carpentry that is available for anyone, the document is generic but can be tailored to suit any works
You can find the preloaded templates here Preloaded Method Statement Template’s
- Before any work commences all people involved in the project will have completed a MAIN CONTRACTOR site induction.
- A toolbox talk which covers this method statement will also be held and all involved will sign and agree to the working methods
- Cement mixer will be setup on a firm level base by the sand, General operative to mix cement with mixer.
- Corner beads or slate lats to form reveals to be fixed into place using hammer/nails
- Muck boards to be setup and plasters to begin with scratch coat
- Scaffold to be used to reach high levels on the outside walls, gin wheel/pulley or lifting machinery on site driven by the main contractor’s employee’s to bring muc up to high levels
- If applicable mobile tower or scaffold to be placed in stairwell to get access to stairwell.
- Rooms to be decked out with trestles or other to allow plasterers to skim ceiling
- Plasterers to confirm that it is stable and all opes are closed off
- Ceilings and walls to be skimmed
- Generator and lighting to be used to give extra lighting if required
- MAIN CONTRACTOR contact to be notified on completion of works
The hazards associated with the works area
Falls From Height, Falling Objects, Slips trips & falls, Dust, Manual Handling, Working in or around Machinery, Working with Cement, Nips & Cuts to Hands, Handtools: Hammer, Knives Etc, Generator, Extension Leads and Use of a Cement Mixer. Work @ Height then includes trestles with Handrails & Scaffolding.
The stairwell is always a hazardous issues for plasterers. It is important for plasterers to make the works coordinator aware to have a scaffold in place for the stair well. This will have the added bonus of providing handrails on the first floor landing while the plasterers and others are working on the first floor.
If the works fall outside the project that was visualised then the document will have to be altered to suit. This can be completed easily enough by loading the template in to the Methods Statement engine and editing it from there. Work @ Height then includes trestles with Handrails & Scaffolding.
The Template Method Statement document is below.